Thursday, June 15, 2017

MY MINIATURE CABINET

The Study

I used a lot of jewelry and findings in this room. The Nefertiti bust is a cheap key ring. I made most of the books and always spend a lot of time choosing  just the right prints for the room. In this case I like the Rococo style. I made the rug from a small purse I found in an antique store and purchased the globe/atlas from a souvenir shop in Assisi, Italy on one of my many travels.  The base of the globe is silver. The trophy/cup on the floor is a lapel pin from the famous Melbourne Cup Day in 2007.  The Roman coins on the sides of the bookshelves are charms from a bracelet I pulled apart and the handbag on the chair is made from genuine snake skin.

Click on photos to enlarge
















3 comments:

  1. Tiene un aspecto magnífico,parece tan real!!! Buen trabajo.
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a Transformation!!! Your basic elements have remained the same but the atmosphere is softened by the color of the walls and the new accessories. It was quite masculine looking before but now has a softer Woman's Touch! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all your lovely comments...!!! I have "miniatures block" at the moment so am spending time updating the blog...

    ReplyDelete